Friday, March 13, 2009

Under the Gun!

Well if I appear not to be interested with what everyone else is doing. It is only because I am under the gun with Mikaela. We have 6 days to finish her English lesson. So I am pushing hard, real hard!!!! I set her desk in front of me and I follow her through each assignment on the computer. I check her tests as she does them.

I find as she sets in front of me it is easier to keep her focused. She cannot have anything on her desk that she can fiddle with, the room needs to be quiet (No birds, No dogs, No talking people.) If the phone rings she tries to answer it. If it is for me and I spend any time talking, she is not working, and will often disappear, until I call her back.

We have worked most of the day today, with the exception of a couple of hours, when she got to play with Lili. Now this evening, Heather and Skyler have gone to work with CMS. Dad is at work, and we have the house to ourselves. You guessed it! We are going to work as long as I can keep her going.

After this week we will be ready for Spring break. But that does not happen until the last week of March. Unfortunately we are working through Spring break. We have miles to go before we sleep.

Maybe someday Mikaela, will take charge of her own education and controlling herself, just like her Siblings have. Oh, how I wait for that day.

This year appears to be turning out some what like 1989. That was a rough year! Dad started out the year by telling me he thought that he had had a heart attack at Christmas. Turns out to be acid reflux, Yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We then took Dad to my dermatologist, only to find out he has skin cancer on his head. He goes in for surgery on the 18th to have the cancer removed. Dad messed up his shoulder in December. So Dad went to see my Orthopedic doctor, which meant Dad had to go get an MRI. Turns out that Dad has a bone in his shoulder that has a sharp edge on it. He received a cortisone shot to see if it would take down the inflammation and give him relief. He was told to give it two weeks before making any judgment. Dad is in the second week, and so far Dad is voting surgery. Which may mean he may have to go on short term disability. Ouch!!!! As if that isn't enough. He went in for his eye examine this last week to be told that one on his retinas is in the process of detaching. And that if he begins to see flashing lights that he needs to get in within 24 hours, so not to suffer permanent damage.

Now you guys can't go getting all excited about Dad and start calling home or I will be in trouble for filling you in. Don't worry about Dad, just keep him in your prayers, and he will be fine.

Okay, enough! We love all of you! Goodnight.

No comments: