Monday, September 14, 2009

My city boy gone farmer!

Okay here is my disclaimer, I didn't do it!!!!

Once upon a time there was this little girl named Heather. (Heather has always had an uncanny sense of finding new animals to call her own. )

Heather was listening to my friend talk to another friend about going and getting calves and raising them on goats milk. And Heather managed to get my two friends to let her in on the deal. So Melissa and Jen went and got 7 calves. 2 for Melissa, 2 for Jen, and 2 for Heather and one for ?????, they couldn't leave the last one by himself, so he came too. Now this means everyone shares the work as well as the spoils. Well Heather has odd hours that she has to work, and she can not always make it for the work. So guess who picks up the slack. Your wrong, it's Mikaela and I. But Dad's in the pictures?? Well I have to admit, Dad helps. But not by coercion, he actually volunteered. He doesn't much like it when the calves start sucking on him instead of a bottle. He gets a little frustrated.

Sorry the pictures are not very good, but it was my cell phone that I used to get the pic.
s





























However it probably means there will be meat on the table in about 18 months.

Tonight I go in for a CAT scan of my back. Dr. wants to know what the spine is doing before he makes any recommendation on how to put me back together.

Dr. Steve Sawyer home from Hawaii, Yay!!!! I talked to him this last week. He was still adjusting to the time difference but was glad to be home,

3 comments:

Kathlen said...

Way to go Dad!! Hey Mik, I am rooting for you to get that 7th calf. Can I have some of the meat??

Leslie said...

Sad :( I can't come pet the calves and then eat them. I don't like to meet my meat.

Mom Hodgson said...

To Kat: Mikaela has already put in her two bits for the calf.

To Leslie: I tried to read your comment to Dad it took me about 4 tries to get out your tongue twister out.

The little calves are Jersey's, they are the prettiest of all bovine. But when it comes to meat on the table, cute does not count. Thats why you name the, New York Prime Rib, Prime ground round, T-Bone, Steak, BBQ, etc.