Thursday, November 12, 2009

Growing Old is Not for Whimps!

Yea! I got my stitches out of my knee today. Dr. Hazel said there was a LOT of scare tissue in my knee. And when the swelling goes down I should have better range of motion.
I look forward to a more useful knee.

I am starting to think I will get the other knee done before the end of the year. I asked the Dr. about the possibility of the same problem with scare tissue in my other knee. He informed me that they are doing studies on preventing scare tissue from forming. He explained that they collect the platelets from a patients blood and using a double syringe they will shoot the platelets and a protein into the knee. So far the studies are proving successful. He told me that I will be apart of that study, when I do my other knee.

Dad's shoulder is doing well. Dr. says that he is on track with his range of motion. We are still looking at December before he can do any strengthening exercises. Dad should be returning to work the 20th of this month, on light duty. Which means he will be traveling to the 200 area for work until February. I think Dad will be glad to be back to work, so he can rest.

Winter in finally setting in, it frosted this morning. They are calling for snow tonight. Burr!! THINK SPRING!!!!!!

1 comment:

Kathlen said...

I am a whimp.....guess I'm not going to grow old! :)