Thursday, August 20, 2009

A sad day, also one to rejoice in!

Today we said goodbye to Carol. After everyone left the cemetery, we started our normal work of closing the grave. As I was shoveling dirt I started feeling sorry for myself. All of a sudden Mikaela spoke up and said "She's in Heaven!" She brought me back to reality. In deed Carol was not there but in Heaven. How grateful I am for the gospel! Someday I shall see my dear friend again, and she will be whole!

August 20, 2009 10:33 PM

Delete

2 comments:

Leslie said...

I don't like thinking of the idea of saying "good-bye" to loved ones. I too am grateful for the gospel and the knowledge it gives us that it's really only "see you in a while." I'm sorry you lost your friend. Carol must be so happy now with no more pain. We're all connected eternally and there is much joy in that! Love you mom.

becky said...

And she will be healthy and happy. The gospel can give us so much peace.