Sunday, May 25, 2008

Today is Sunday and I am in the Cemetery, as is common this time of the year. I have walked the grounds so many times the last couple of day, that my knees are complaining.

Everyone else (Family) is in church, so it is pretty quiet. So I will finish my horse story. To answer some ???. Ernie is the name of the Vet. that came to rescue me when the little guy was born and Treasure had not yet figured out what part of her Anatomy was for. Ernie Sudated Treasure so that the colt could nurse. When Treasure came out of the sudation she was okay with the colt nursing. And now it is like she never had a problem. Snookum Jo (I misspelled in the first entry) came from my childhood. A Baby was often referred to as "cute little Snookum". Mikaela wanted to call him Snick. I am not sure I want to reuse that name, so Snookum Jo is close but not to close. And lighting comes from the flash marking on his side. Skyker is calling him Lighting and Mikaela is calling him Ernie.

We are still waiting for Carmel to foal out. I wish she would just do it, she driving me nuts with this waiting game.

Treasure's colt is a great deal of fun to watch as he plays with his ball, that we through in the pen. He likes to kick it around the pen. Occasionally he tries to stand on it, one day he reared up and fell across it and it rolled him into the filbert tree. He is a hoot to watch. I will try to get a video and put it up for everyone to watch.

Mom

No comments: