Friday, April 4, 2008

Home on the Farm
















~ CARMEL ~
In February 2008

Okay Gang, here is what is new................... We went from 5 horses to 13. Mikaela bought a mini and has named her Carmel. She is a real sweetheart. I wish my horses had Carmel's temperament.

However all the horses have had a huge attitude change since they have come to live with us. Even Carmel ran like a scared rabbit when we first tried to catch her to bring her home. Now she will run across 5 acres to see us. Mikaela is thrilled that her horse will run to see us and we still have to chase the others. Mikaela's little Carmel is only about 36" tall. She is not so little sideways though. She should deliver a little critter soon, or at least we hope. Any woman who gets as large as Carmel is would be begging for deliverance. So everyday we go down to Diaz's to check on her, but no baby yet.

Leslie actually owns 3 of the 8 new horses. So Brad you can breath. Plus I am getting rid of my old woman. Heather is planning on moving her horses. (Our pasture really needs a rest.) I have Treasure plus 3 of the new ones here at the house. We have three down @ Diaz's including the old Woman. I have one (believe it or not) @ Riedinger's. That leaves Tessie here on the farm. Skyler wants to keep her and learn to train her. So When we are done I hope to only horses in the round pen, and none in the pasture.

Okay, so my news isn't all new. However everyday we make a little more progress then the day before. Patches (Mikaela named her.) is learning that I want her head not her rear end. I think she will be really awesome once she calms down, and begins to trust a little more.

Love you all.

1 comment:

Kathlen said...

Sounds like you are keeping busy, like always.