Sunday, April 27, 2008

I am Grateful for the Sabbath!

I am so glad when Sabbath comes. Then we can RR (rest, reflect) from our busy life. Dad is wanting to slow down. I am trying to figure out how that will happen, and when.

Yesterday we were suppose to go help Grandma move. Mikaela had a meeting at the Hanson chapel in Kennewick. So I took her to Crandal's at 8:00 a.m. for a ride in. On the way home I decided to check on the Ponies at Diaz's. All of the horse were at one end of the pasture eating except Carmel (Mikaela's horse). I scanned the pasture and saw Carmel was laying out in the middle of the pasture, I could not see her breathing. I panicked as I feared the worst. Immediately I started to try and figure out how to tell Mikaela that Carmel was dead. I flew to the end of the pasture where the gate was, by the time I got out of the car, Carmel had gotten up and was heading toward the other horses. I felt a wave of relief. While I was there, I decided to go out in the pasture and check the horse. When I put my hands on Carmel's neck I realized that she was foundering. Which meant I had to get her moved off the pasture and into a dry paddock. I went home and put everyone into motion to move the horses. We brought the ponies home and moved the big horses to Diaz's. After a hour Leslie and Garrett were on the road, and we were on our way to Grandma's ( an hour late).

We got Grandma moved, and then we had to get Skyler home and ready for his formal dance at the Richland Stake center. Of course we had errands to do while we were in town. We finally got Sky home with just enough time to get ready for his date. Dad went to Pasco to pick up fencing for the horses and I went to get Mikaela at Glodo's. When I got home we took Skyler to Nieman's for his date. I must admit he cleans up pretty good.

Skyler spent lots of time putting this date together . Between Ben Nieman and Sky they put together a pretty cute date. Skyler's date for the evening Katie. Sky worked for Sister Glodo to earn money to make this date happen. He went to McDonald's to get a happy meal box for Skyler's dates corsage in. The boys went to goodwill to get shirts for their dates to wear during their meal, as they were having boneless ribs. Then they picked up their dates in Nieman's van (which had been decorated inside with garland and lights). They went to a park in Tri-Cities and was invited to go boat riding on the river while they waited for Bro. & Sis. Nieman to cook the ribs. Then to think that we get to do this again next week for prom at the High School. This time his date will Be Mandy Boyle.

Happy Birthday Heather! I guess a day late is better than not.

Love to all! Mom

1 comment:

Heather said...

Man it sounds like you guys have been really busy. the busyer you guys say you are the more i miss beiging home i think. :P