Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Time in the round pen. Think I am going to be sore:-O






Today was a very busy day. I spent my day mainly in the round pen. After 4 hours of following Jazzy's colt, Jet. I was finally able to get a halter on him. But I wasn't just following him, while I was following him. I beat on the feed (metal), I banged on the round pen, I kicked cans toward jet. I shook the tree limbs, I beat on the building, I through ropes at him. All the time trying to get him used to strange noises. And by the time I was done, not much upset him.

Then later this afternoon Heather informed me that Jet had managed to get his halter off. So then I spent another 2 hours putting a different halter on him. This time it was much easier.

I went to town get buy food and pick up grain. While I was at the feed store I bought a different halter. As the first two did not fit very well. By the time I got home Jet had managed to slip out of the second halter. This time he was a pretty easy catch to change halters.

Somewhere in my day Mikaela and I did do school work.

Here are some pictures for Brett. They called during the second training session.

Tomorrow I get to work with a different colt. Wish me luck, as I only have this week and half next to get them all halter broke and leading. There is only 5 horses.

Brett these are horses and ducks on Grandma and Granpa's farm.

2 comments:

Leslie said...

good job stickin with the ponies! why do you only have a week and a half?

Mom Hodgson said...

A week and a half before the boys become geldings. Since we are doing 5 colts, we need to be able to lead them out onto the lawn. Then we will do an assembly line. Melissa and I have another vet friend that does small animals coming to help.